Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Andy Lau & the crazy fan saga

[blurb] Most followers of HK news would have heard of "crazy Andy fan" Yang Lijian by now - if you havent (long story cut short), she's been obsessed with Andy Lau for more than half her life and her parents have helped her in her obsession, accruing much debt and much strain. On a recent trip to HK to meet Andy, Yang's father threw himself into the ocean citing inability to cope with the fact his daughter couldn't talk to Andy personally. Yang has now sued Andy, and has returned home without collecting her father's body...

Andy Lau has kept quiet on this matter but recently wrote a short statement to reply to the circus that's going on. Hacken also gets a mention in it, so I thought I'd put it up on the site:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Recently a lot has happened. I've received calls from good friends. I particularly have to thank Alan (Tam), Hacken, 'third brother' (Michael Miu), Ah Sa and Ah Gil (Twins) etc...I know a lot of you take care of me. Of course there's also you, with 40+ pages of replies...I have read all of them! Though normally some of you dont visit or leave messages, you've dropped by to do that...i'm speechless in thanks.

Everyone relax, I'm OK...

A friend once told me if you cant figure out something, don't dwell on it, as it will figure itself out. Maybe later on I will understand. He also gave me these words:

[Many things should be left to fate
When they're over, you must face it with poise
In good times, one should be unconcerned
In bad times, one should be brave
There will always be ups and downs
You will understand when you've experienced it all]

I feel these words are meaningful, so I'm sharing them with you.

p.s- I know a lot of my media friends are very concerned too, and my staff have told me of the messages you've left. I know that a lot of people are hoping for a response from me, so I will take the chance to say a sincere thankyou to everyone. I do not have any personal response, everything has been said by my company. In the future I will also not have any personal response to this. It has been hard work for everyone."


[translation by peggy jean@hacken-sphere.com]

No comments: