Saturday, March 17, 2007

Hacken doesn't dare compare with Andy





One is the music world's most popular male singer, the other is the tv industry's most popular female actress. Hacken Lee and Charmaine Sheh have been at TVB for more than 10 years and have been in contact with each other during one Miss HK program. Today the two have cooperated together filming the movie "Lady Iron Chef" and have got to know one another. After rising to "TV queen" status, Charmaine has been involved in endless rumours and even partner Hacken cannot help her. But Charmaine firmly believes that once one is doing their best, then no poisons can harm them.

In the new film "Lady Iron Chef", Hacken plays the rich, arrogant son of a large food corporation owner. Charmaine plays a master of cooking and the two end up falling in love. This was the first time filming with Charmaine for Hacken and he said that she was easy to get along with, professional and punctual and of course she was an artist but great acting skills. Recently, Charmaine has been involved in many rumours and when asked if Hacken was worried filming with her, he said protectively "The media is a fault for much of the news, and they are often not fair to her. I have never seen, nor feel that such things said by the media would involve Charmaine. We chat a lot throughout the day during work."

Hacken does not feature in many movies. He laughs "That's because I'm a singer. I only film if there is a suitable script. Actually I'm just curious, after knowing Wong Jing and Eric Tsang for over 10 years we mostly get together for fun and things but very rarely am I asked to film. They probably think over the past 10 or so years I've never been outstanding in acting." He's good friends with Andy Lau and in the music world there is a bit of friendly competition. But in the movie world, Hacken doesn't dare to try and become "film king" just as yet. He says "Andy had filmed about 80 movies before becoming king. That's too far off for me." When it comes to singing however, he has much more confidence "Even though I've received the best male singer award, I just pretend I haven't. I start over again, each year I want to win."
 
http://ent.tom.com/2007-03-13/000E/13931453.html

No comments: